- Changes to this Policy
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Disclosing Your Personal Information
- Protecting Your Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Data Retention
- Internet Use
- Privacy Breaches
- Contact Us
Allegrow Limited is committed to protecting the personal information of our clients in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act). Personal information refers to information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). We ensure that any personal information will only be used and disclosed for the primary purpose for which it was collected.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see: www.privacy.org.nz
Any changes made to this policy will be displayed here.
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any contact with us (telephone, email, via the website), or when you buy or use our products and services.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We use the information that we collect from you for the purpose of:
- to verify your identity
- to provide our services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Allegrow Limited shares your personal information with third parties for the purposes described above. We may also share your personal information to comply with laws and regulations, to respond to a court writ, a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data service that we use to provide the website or other services and products.
- Other third parties for anonymised statistical information
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information e.g. a regulatory authority
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law e.g. the New Zealand Police
- Any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand. Allegrow Limited is responsible for ensuring any offshore businesses adhere to New Zealand privacy safeguards as found in the Act.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
In line with certain grounds of refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that it be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will need evidence to confirm you are the individual to whom the personal information relates to if you wish to exercise this right.
When you engage with us for business and we invoice you for our services, we will maintain your Contact and Billing Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
While we take practical measures to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If we have a privacy breach that we believe has caused (or is likely to cause) serious harm, we will notify the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and any affected individuals as soon as possible in accordance with the Act.
18 Coast View Road